Maybe this summer’s weather has got you thinking about your roof. Specifically, the hail and wind we’ve been experiencing off and on might have you thinking about whether you need a roof replacement or if a roof repair would do the trick. Most roofs last a while these days, but homes and commercial structures along the Colorado front range take more abuse from the weather than many other locations. So if you hail from Douglas County, El Paso County, Arapahoe County, Castle Rock, or nearby, you might be a candidate for learning more about how to tell if you need a new roof installed or if roof repair will suffice.
At Go2 Contracting, we offer quality roof repair and roof replacement. And while we can’t speak for other local roofing companies, we can tell you about our own approach. We aren’t in the business of rushing to tell clients they need a new roof installation when it’s not that straightforward. Instead, we’ll take the time to analyze the extent of the damage and provide you with an informed opinion about what our recommendation is. Ultimately, you are the one that is paying for a new roof or a simple repair — it’s not our call, and we get that. That being said, we are a fair roofing company in that we’ll always make sure our customers know any possible pitfalls regarding waiting too long to get a roof replacement.
That’s a huge reason why so many first time customers become lifelong clients. We trust that people who have worked with our roofing company in the past will give us a call if we prove ourselves reliable and affordable the first time around. It’s called playing the long game, folks, and it’s a huge win-win for us and our clients; they get experienced, trusted advice, and we gain lifelong clients who give us a call whether they have roofing, siding, or gutter issues!
Our Colorado Springs roofing services include:
- Roof Repairs
- Roof Replacement
- Shingle Replacement
- Roofing Repair
- Commercial Roofing
- Residential Roofing
- Roofing Contractors
- Emergency Roof Repairs
- Hail Damage Repairs
- Roof Coatings
- Roofing Service
Today’s post isn’t going to be focused on our roofing company alone, however. Instead of singing our own praises for the entirety of this article, we’ll depart from that trend and do something maybe a bit more entertaining for the average reader of ours. Don’t worry, we’ll be back with our next post highlighting the many virtues of going with Go2 Contracting for your new roof, but for now, we’d like to take the opportunity to list a few fun and random facts about roofs. Why? We love roofs! We live, eat, and breathe roofs, and we think everyone’s life could be just a little bit improved with some interesting roofing facts. And who knows? Maybe you’ll learn something that will help you save money down the road! So keep reading!
- Metal roofs can be a smart choice for a roofing material, depending on what kind of climate you live in. They offer high wind resistance, meaning you don’t have to worry about a metal roof getting torn apart because there aren’t any shakes or shingles to be ripped off during a storm. Sizable metal plates are sturdy and require much less maintenance than other more common types of roofs. Metal roofs are also made with materials that don’t rust. When it comes to upkeep, all you really need to worry about is making sure you re-seal joints between the metal panels every few decades or so! However, metal roofs are easily dented by hail, making stainless steel a superior option from that perspective.
- Green roofs are beneficial for a variety of reasons. One of them is the fact that they cool buildings. Another is that green roofs limit the runoff from stormwater. This helps the growth of wildlife in local habitats by adding to the hydration of the regional vegetation.
- The roofing industry has seen some practical changes in recent decades. Modern roofing shingles have been engineered with longstanding issues in mind. For example, some shingles have algaecides and fungicides included, while other shingle types are marketed as being “self-cleaning” because of their smoothness. This allows roofs that are lighter in color to remain clean and pristine for much longer. In the past, dark shingles reigned in popularity because any other color made a structure’s roof appear dirty and pretty much the opposite of classy.
- Got a leaky roof? The roofing inspection you get needs to be administered by an experienced expert from a local roofing provider, such as one from Go2 Contracting (not that we have a horse in this race or anything!). In all seriousness, it’s important to find a roofing inspector that leaves no shingle unturned, as it were. There is so much that is easy to miss if you have an untrained eye calling the shots. Water can slosh between old layers of roofing and seep into the wood beneath. If a problem like this isn’t addressed, it can damage your home’s insulation and drywall, leaving you with an even bigger problem. Go with a trusted roofer for your inspections!
- It’s not an easy thing to consider, seeing as how roof replacements cost thousands of dollars, but being proactive about roof maintenance can end up saving you thousands in the end. Small problems usually cost hundreds of dollars to repair. But small problems can easily become big problems if you don’t address them right away, something that ends with you spending thousands on a full-on installation. In a future post, we’ll write about what homeowners need to know about roof maintenance, so be sure to keep an eye open for that!
Call Your Colorado Springs Roofing Contractor!
There you have it, some random, yet practical, roofing facts for your reading pleasure. If you are a home or business owner looking for high-quality roofing repairs and installations, we’ve got you covered here at Go2 Contracting. We’d love to hear from you and get you a free estimate for the project you have in mind. Contact us today!